Metadata for raw data from X-ray diffraction and other structural techniques
TO REGISTER JUST SEND AN EMAIL TO registrationECM29@globtour.hr
Organizers: John R. Helliwell (University of Manchester), Brian McMahon (IUCr) & Aleksandar Višnjevac (Croatian Association of Crystallographers)
Confirmed speakers (in alphabetical order):
- Dr Loes Kroon-Batenburg, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Dr Matthew Blakeley, Institut Laue Langevin, Grenoble, France
- Dr Simon Coles, Southampton University and UK Crystallography Service, UK
- Dr Andrew Goetz, ESRF, Grenoble
- Dr James Hester, Bragg Institute, ANSTO, Australia
- Dr Natalie Johnson, Newcastle University, UK
- Dr Gordon Leonard, ESRF, Grenoble
- Dr Wladek Minor, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA
- Dr Tom Terwilliger, Los Alamos National Lab, USA
- Dr Mike Wall, Los Alamos National Lab, USA
- Dr Suzanna Ward, CCDC, Cambridge, UK
When? August 22nd 2015 (Saturday), 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM & August 23rd, 2015 (Sunday), 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Where? Rovinj, Hotel Park, Arupinum Congress Hall
Registration fee: EUR 60,00 (Registration through the registration system of the ECM29 or by sending an email to registrationECM29@globtour.hr.) Number of participants is limited to 80 and they will be accepted on the first-come-first-served principle. Applicants are kindly asked to book their accommodation in Rovinj independently. Registration fee includes lunch boxes and refreshments.
Website: http://www.iucr.org/resources/data/dddwg/rovinj-workshop, see also discussion forum at: http://forums.iucr.org/viewforum.php?f=21
A few words from the organizers: As part of the continuing activities of the IUCr Diffraction Data Deposition Working Group, this workshop will seek to define the necessary metadata that needs to be captured and deposited alongside experimental diffraction images in order that such raw data may be subsequently re-evaluated or re-used in more detailed scientific studies. The workshop will also explore the metadata requirements of other structural experimental techniques used by crystallographers.
Abstracts: We welcome abstracts from those who register for this workshop either to present a talk or a poster; please email them directly to John.firstname.lastname@example.org and Brian McMahon email@example.com. For talks please alert us as soon as possible, and ideally no later than 31st May 2015, so that we can confirm the Workshop programme.